08 March, 2006

excess

i want another bike.
something about this time of year just makes me want to stockpile parts that I got off the internet and take them to Toronto so I can have my steezy mechanic buddies build my new steed and I can ride off into the sunset.

i just did this exact thing last year at around the same time. Keep in mind I live in a hellish climate where riding a bike outside is torture for almost half of the year so this decision to try and get another bike built up is completely unreasonable.

BUT THE NEW FRAME I WANT IS LESS THAN 5 LBS!!! and it comes in raw metal so i could clearcoat that hoe and be sitting pretty.

some dude who shops at the store offered me a powerbook today that may or may not have fallen off of one of the many poorly driven apple delivery trucks for less than a gnote(less than alife pumps I might add) if I take this my plans for a new bike are going to have to sit in the back of the class with the bad kids for at least a couple months.

at least i still have my amazing bike which i love so much and can't wait to slam into walls and jam my feet between the fork and tire in order to stop.


or i could totally flip the script and get laser eye surgery and no longer have to wear dry ass contacts that are currently making my eyes feel like 2 small deserts with no chance of an oasis appearing on the horizon

No comments: