14 October, 2005

i heart ny

so last week i got flown down to sneaker pimps nyc to do an art installation with my homie specter from the kops crew

i got a free bus ride because i'm a baller..from montreal to burlington vermont(not really the most exciting place...lot more small townish than I ever expected in fact)
I had way too much time to kill there because of my free ride baller status so i tried to find a reasonable sandwich and half suceeded then dropped the bomb in a bookstore(the name of which eludes me right now)
my flight left from burlington straight to nueva york

i like to fly...short flights are so fresh.


long flights mess with my ears a lot which is so not zen about things and so if it's more than 2 hours I dread the landing and it makes the beginning of any new place less enjoyable

my trip was so dope...i swear if our shop was there but still in montreal at the same time it'd be amazing....none of this french indecision shit...

in nyc you like you cop

everyone is on the phone or nextel chirp telling each other where shoes are dropping...it's crazy. even the most hood people have better shoes than people who have money in montreal...not to make it seem like shoes are the only thing that makes a trip good for me...but at the same time the atmosphere is contagious

i missed my flight back (first time ever) but i actually didn't really try to make it...i knew that i was going to miss it as soon as i left the crib in brooklyn but yet I still went to stussy, patagonia, and went and had lunch with my man Geo from wellbred...i got a new hat from him...their first cut and sew piece...very fresh I'll take pics later for the world to see.

Also how everything is open late there is great....montreal could learn a lot from that...home depot in downtown manhattan open until 9pm...nothing better than having the option to go there later if you need to(which we did it was a total bailout in fact for our art install)



I got to see my friends and eat at a couple of my favourite spots so to me the trip was a smashing sucess even if I had to soldier it back on the bus for 8+ hours

1 comment:

muffhamed said...

sources say rosa benito died tragically in a freak private road construction "accident" early this evening, where she was bulldosed then paved into the ground.